We Speak Your Language Translator

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Marketing Plan For The North State_Global Earl, Letters to the Editor: Dec. 8, 2009

Fair Is Missed Opportunity


Al Boek, (Citizen Activist)  Writes:
Letters To The Editor:



You know, maybe this idea is not "radical" enough, but common sense dictates ...

I am curious if the Record Searchlight would be interested in helping to promote the idea of forming a committee to raise the funds and budget for a booth in next year's State Fair.

Shasta County was not represented there (I worked it) and many smaller counties were.

I am told we missed 1 million visitors over the 14 days. I have worked 100 shows and fairs and would be willing to help organize and manage the booth.

Can we not bring all cities and county, businesses and colleges, industrial park, all together to promote our county and north state cities?

We could help you build your Web audience at the same time, or not.

I've mentioned it several times. No one seems interested. Am I missing something here?

I feel this is a Chamber of Commerce issue, but I guess they don't.

Al Boek
Redding

Buzz_Fledderjohn writes:
Al, I think you should knock yourself out. The theme should be something on the order of Shasta County being California's conservative utopia.

You could highlight our conservative politics and how -- relative to the rest of California -- our Republican leadership has provided provided us with a vital and thriving business climate, low unemployment, high-paying jobs, a skilled and highly educated workforce, and one of the highest standards of living in the state.

While you're at it, you could say that our water has magical properties that make our citizens live forever.

nickg writes:
Al BoeK We do not need to advertise Shasta County because everyone knows we have Bis League Dreams, Turtle Bay and Ken Murray. we even paid for that clown from the chamber of commerce, Frank somedamthing, to ride around in a funny looking van to let the word out. We would be better served if Redding went into the motel business to help with the current overflow of tourists.
Ricky writes:
(This comment was removed by the site staff.)
Knuttcayce writes:
in response to Buzz_Fledderjohn:
Al, I think you should knock yourself out. The theme should be something on the order of Shasta County being California's conservative utopia.

You could highlight our conservative politics and how -- relative to the rest of California -- our Republican leadership has provided provided us with a vital and thriving business climate, low unemployment, high-paying jobs, a skilled and highly educated workforce, and one of the highest standards of living in the state.

While you're at it, you could say that our water has magical properties that make our citizens live forever.
Well Buzz, as a proud resident, you can’t be faulted for slight exaggeration (although the water claim may be doubted by some).
Maybe our Chamber of Commerce believes our virtues are self evident and want to limit the amount of newcomers to our area?



Ron007 writes:
in response to citizenactivist
Comment
Al Boek



First I would like to thank the Redding Record Searchlight for publishing my letter and for their promise of support, at least of the idea, by doing so. As a life-time resident and semi-retired businessman in the area over the past thirty years, or so, I would like to assure the citizens of Shasta County that I have the experience and knowledge needed to do the job of planning for, raising the funding and managing a Shasta County exhibit at the 2010 California State Fair in Sacramento, one we can all be proud of and an exhibit that will pay large dividends to the business concerns and the people of the North State for years to come.

I worked the 2009 fair for two successful renewable energy contractors during its 17 day run. Both booths I covered came away with leads and business in the $100,000 + or more range. I spent several hours looking over the efforts of other counties who had purchased exhibit space and spoke with members from different counties who were on hand in several of the booths.

I have sold and promoted our area in the past through my association with the Record Searchlight, as their top- producing display advertising rep, at the time. I have traveled Shasta County and sold magazine ads promoting it. I have sold radio time, and City Guide, maps with directions to advertisers, you still see attached to older gas stations throughout California.

I am a pioneer with the internet and have been marketing on it, off and on, for the past 15 years, and have built and serviced a network of 1500 internet marketers worldwide.

I am currently involved with a 12 year web hosting company that markets their data list building, video, conference and auto-responder services worldwide to 190 countries.

Even if I do not continue with the management of the project after 2010 the connections and contacts made this year will be online and available to any association, business or interested party for future use.

While it’s too early for me to make promises, I already have a conceptual plan for our Shasta County 2010 exhibit, one I believe will maximize and provide value and future exposure, for years to come, for those businesses and organizations in Shasta County that chose to support the effort. My goal for next year will be to get the Shasta County message out to 10,000,000 Californians and visitors.
              I cannot do it alone,  I will need the support of the 
          community, media, business people and citizens.

Any interested parties should contact me at 530-549-4315 or email me at gvoglobal@frontier.com

Al Boek
Redding
Al,
 
I hope they let you do this. It sounds great!
but I wonder if the high all mighty County/city management will allow this without some kind of kickback themselves so they can take some credit.
good luck!


citizenactivist writes:
in response to Ron007:

Al,
I hope they let you do this. It sounds great!
but I wonder if the high all mighty County/city management will allow this without some kind of kickback themselves so they can take some credit.
good luck!


Al Boek Comments


       


          "Let Me?" The powers that be and the ones that 
            actually get paid to promote our area, won't 
            touch this with a ten foot pole. They and I, all 
            know what's involved. It's a heck of a lot of 
            work, that's why they're not already doing it.


Al Boek


Thanks for the visit_Global Earl


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete